1. Do you have a story that shows the power of forgiveness in your life or someone who you know?
2. Read the passage in John 21 – Jesus asked Peter if he loved Jesus more than anything else. Imagine if Jesus asked you that question, what would your honest response be? Notice what is your first response and if anything is holding you back from giving a wholehearted YES.
3. Jesus has given us the ability to live in the power of the resurrection, which enables us to do great and mighty things in the world and which also extends to the ability to radically forgiveness. Do you find you are willing to forgive easily? or do you find yourself holding onto grudges?
4.Grace is getting something you don’t deserve. God gave grace to Peter even though he didn’t deserve it. Are there people in your life that you can give grace to, even though you don’t think they deserve it?
5. We are able to give people grace because we have received God’s forgiveness and grace while we were still sinners. How do you see grace at work in your relationship with God? Do you have a difficult time receiving God’s grace? Why?
6. Weekly Challenge: Ask God to reveal to you who you could be showing grace this week. Ask the Holy Spirit to empower you with resurrection power to forgive and give grace. Report back next week to your living room and see how it goes.